Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Skin Care

As much as I love summer (which is a lot), it's just so hard on my skin. From all of the shaving, sunburns, and sand, I feel like it is a hopeless nightmare sometimes.  I have round up some of my summer skincare tricks and favorite products to keep my skin looking great all summer long, to share with yall.

Importance of cleaning your face well// As a young women I did not fully understand the importance of washing your face EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. I can not stress this enough. I purchased my first Clarisonic a few months ago, it has made such a huge improvement in my skin in its texture, color, and helping heal acne scaring. I have used the cleanser that came with the Clarisonic, it was okay, but I recommend this cleanser from Bare Minerals. 

Getting the best shave ever// I hate shaving my legs, and unfortunately I have dark brown hair and have to shave on a daily basis in the summer. First step to getting a great shave is exfoliating your skin well first. Then I use coconut oil (from Walmart) instead of shaving gel, it helps you get a close shave, and leaves your skin hydrated for the day ahead.

Protecting your skin from the sun// Ladies please listen to me when I tell you to please use sunscreen, please. I know we all want to be tan, but our health is the most important thing we have. We owe it to ourselves to protect our skin so please use SPF and apply regularly, I recommend a spray for your body and a cream for your face. Also after a long day in the sun it is important that you rehydrate your skin try this body oil and lotion.

Shop my favorite products here:





No comments :

Post a Comment