Thursday, July 2, 2015

Creating a Relaxing Bedroom with Pottery Barn Dorm

I think we can all agree that college (undergraduate or graduate) can be one of the most stressful times in our lives. As a senior in college, I am going to share with y'all my tips on creating a relaxing bedroom. I don't know about you, but I do everything in my bedroom, study, do my makeup, relax, and of course sleep. I have learned over the years that my environment strongly affects my attitude and work ethic, so I try to keep a clean, organized, and relaxing bedroom.

Okay so obviously clothes are very important to me, so for me it is KEY to keep my dresser and closet organized, and looking pretty. I adore this dresser from Pottery Barn it is classic and will last you past your college years.


Continuing with the how much I love clothes, this would be my need for a fabulous full length mirror. We all know our college years are our prime selfie years also ;) so this gold mirror from Pottery Barn is a must in my books. Plus my little puppy just loves to look at himself in the mirror haha.


Call me weird, but my favorite, yes favorite, part of my morning is making my bed. For me a made bed just completes the room.I love this bedding from Pottery Barn I have the navy and white on my bed at home. One of my favorite things about this bedding set is how clean and crisp it is, I prefer more subtle bedding, and then add the fun in with my pillows, or sheets.


Speaking of fun sheets, look at how colorful these cuties are. Sheets are a great way to add a little pop of color. My mama always told me to buy two sets, so you put on clean sheets every week, even if you don't have time to do laundry.


So I kinda have an obsession with throw pillows, and we all know I have an obsession with monograms. I think its pretty clear that this pillow has to be on my bed, Pottery Barn has dozens of adorable pillows you have to go check out.


So back to why we are in college, to learn. Having a great study area is KEY. You need plenty of desk space, storage, and I love all of these bulletin boards from Pottery Barn; they give your walls some decoration, along with keeping you organized. 


My last piece of advice would be to buy more storage bins then you think you will need, because trust me, you will find something to put in them. I love, love, all of these storage bins from Potter Barn, they come in several colors and sizing so you will find the perfect one for your style. 







No comments :

Post a Comment