Thursday, December 4, 2014

How to Study for Finals


Today I am going to share with yall a few of my tips and tricks on how to study for finals!

1. Don't over think it. You can easily sit there and think about everything you need to know that you don't know, and quickly stress yourself out, before you know it you have sat there for an hour just thinking about how little you know. When you are ready to study just sit down and do it, don't waist your time thinking about other things. This also goes for while you are taking your test, don't over think a question go with your gut because most of the time it's right.

2.Set realistic goals. Set realistic time goals, leave plenty of time for yourself to study, and time for to relax. Also be realistic with your grade expectations, if you have gotten 80's on every test in the class so far, you will likely get a similar grade on the final. Don't kill yourself studying hoping for that 100 (you might get disappointed) because generally your final test grade will reflect how you have done previously in the class.

3.Treat yourself. Finals are hard, you need to pamper yourself! I will usually get a manicure during finals as a special treat, or take and afternoon to go shopping, and of course I treat myself to lots.. I mean lots of Starbucks.

4. Get organized. We all know organization is very important when it comes to studying. I not only need my notes to be organized, I need my space to be organized and clean so that I can fully focus. This includes using your calendar and and making lists to keep track and what you have done and what you will need to do.And try to carry all of this organization into the next semester.

5.Get social. Don't just lock yourself on the 9th floor of the library, get outside. You need fresh air and socialization, study with some friends, the rest of your world doesn't have to shut down just because it is finals week.

6. Ask off for work. I think it is very important to ask off way ahead of time for work. You known when your finals will be at the beginning of the semester so give your employer lots of advance for your finals week, that way they can plan accordingly and then you can have extra time to study.

7. Celebrate. When finals are over, you need to celebrate after all of your hard work.

If you have any other great tips please share them with me!!

No comments :

Post a Comment