Friday, October 10, 2014

Layers for Fall: My favorite Coats

Layer for Fall


Shop these coats with the pictures above ^^ Just click and shop!

Here are a few of my favorite layering pieces for fall that also transition well into winter.

Pea Coat
I currently own the navy J.Crew pea coat and can been seen in these posts (Pea Coat Weather, Christmas Plaid). I absolutely love this pea coat it is a very heavy wool that will keep you warm though any football game and is a great investment (remember student discount of 15%).

Dress Coats
Last year I owned a gold tweed dress coat but sadly it no longer fits it is to large on me, so this year I have invested in the Lady Day coat from J.Crew in the linen color. I felt that if I only own one dress coat I should chose a neutral color but I obsessed with a bold coat it can really make a statement. If you already own a great dress coat I would suggest investing in a fun color or patterned dress coat this year to add into your wardrobe.

Trench Coat
Trench Coats are a wardrobe necessity and this fall I have purchased the J.Crew Trench and am excited to be styling it for some coming up blog posts. When shopping I looked at the Coach trench coat and was disappointed with the fit, I did not like the way it hung over the back. I of course tried on a Burberry coat and it was to die for but also the price was to die for ): The J.Crew trench was definitely a happy choice for me.

Vest
I love vests, I have a Lilly Pulitzer vest that I find myself wearing all the time so this year I invested in the J.Crew nude vest that can be styled with anything. I also like the Old Navy vests this year for a stylish cheaper option.

As I wrote this I definitely see a strong trend of J.Crew, J.Crew, and more J.Crew... I honestly love the brand because their clothing fits my body well. Also out of the many purchases I have made from this company I have only been unsatisfied with one purchase.... so needless to say I have just had great experiences with the company.

No comments :

Post a Comment