Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blogger Tip Thursday {planning}

I am very excited to be starting a blogger tip series, I hope you all enjoy it, and find it helpful. I have been blogging for about a year and a half now, and have learned a lot though the mistakes I have made. I hope to pass this knowledge down to you though my new series Blogger Tip Thursdays. My first tip is to plan, plan, plan! I did not fully understand the importance of planning posts when I first started blogging. This led to a lot of mistakes and late night work. There is more to plan then just the physical post. I am going to walk you through how I plan for my blog posts along with sharing my blog planner for 2015.


Here’s a bit more into my planning and thought process behind every post that goes up on my blog.

1. The majority of the posts here on Stylish Sassy and Classy have to do with fashion and style. When putting together a post I first plan what I am going to wear. I always like to try on my entire outfit ahead of time, that way I know I like the way it all looks together, and that everything is clean.

2. Now that the outfit has been decided upon, it’s time to take some pictures! When it comes to planning, this part is definitely one of the hardest. Planning pictures is hard for many reasons: You must choose where to take them, make sure the weather cooperates, and make sure your photographer is free. I have had to wait over a week to take pictures before, but don't get impatient it will happen. Follow my next tip (#3) when nothing seems to be going your way!

3. IMPROVISE. Things do not always go as planed. When you just can't get those pictures taken,  think about a post you can write where you use some of your old photos, or make a fun collage.

4.Now that you have your pictures taken, it is time to edit edit edit. I edit most of my pictures in Adobe Lightroom, I find it does everything I need for my pictures and is very user friendly.

5.Write your post. I tend to write my actual post after I have edited my pictures because sometimes how my pictures turn out, or when I see my new favorite picture, it can change what I want to write. I am about the worlds worst speller... it's pretty bad, so use auto correct, sometimes I even have friends read over my posts before they go live. You do want to edit you posts and make sure there are no embarrassing mistakes, but it is a blog so you don't need to be a grammar Nazi.

6.You have your pictures and your post, now it is time for the finishing touches. I try to link all parts of my outfit so they can easily be shopped. This is also when I label my post, and choose the name, if I haven't done so already. Now it is time to POST, but we are not done yet, posting is not the end.

7. Make sure you share your post on all of your social media account, and if it is a large or important post share it a few times. It is very important that you check the comments on your post and try to reply to most if not all of them, your readers take the time to read and comment on your post the least you can do is reply to them.

8. Track your growth. It is important to track your blogs growth, this way you can see how your readers respond to each post. Also sometimes we feel like our blog is at a stand still, and not growing. When you monitor your blogs weekly/monthly growth you can see that you really are heading in the right direction.

I have created a FREE blog planner for 2015 so staying organized and planning will be a breeze. I hope the planner helps you and your blog grow in 2015!
 


**This is just the first of many Blogger Tip Thursday posts, please comment bellow with any subjects or advice you would love for me to cover!!**

No comments :

Post a Comment