Friday, January 9, 2015

Winter Essentials

winter essentials



I am a little late on posting my winter essentials (sorry) but I figure always better late then never.  I don't know about you, but here in NC we got hit by some very cold weather, so if are feeling unprepared for this cold winter ahead, here are my must haves.

1. Ear Muffs// I am a student, so walking to class in the cold can be unbearable at times. I never leave my apartment without ear muffs in my bag because I know my ears will thank me later. I favor ear muffs over a beanie hat for two reasons. A) I either look cute that day and don't want to mess up my hair by wearing a beanie or B) my hair is in a huge bun because I look like a hot mess, ear muffs work much better for my messy buns.

2.Gloves// This goes right up there with you never leave home without. You lose most of your body heat though your hands and feet so it is important to keep them covered and warm. I am obsessed with the Tory Burch leather bow gloves above, but I also favor texting gloves because lets be honest, were always on our phones.

3. Scarf// A scarf can even be more important then your coat for making a fashion statement during the winter. You might have the most adorable outfit under your coat but no one will ever know, so adding a great scarf still shows your style while staying warm.

4.Lotion// My hands get so dry during the winter, and I end up getting shocked every time I touch anything. I keep hand lotion on me at all times, keep that skin moisturized laddies.

5.Cords// Don't get me wrong I still wear my leggings in the winter, but for those supper cold days you need some cords. I like my corduroys to be skinny so I can wear them with boots. I find it is important to get a pair of corduroys that has just a little bit of spandex in them, it makes all the difference.

6. Sweaters// You can never have to many sweaters. Now that winter is in full swing I break out my heavy bulky sweaters like the gray turtleneck above.  I also find it important to own at least one fun print sweater like the J.Crew one above, they make such a statment.

7.Flannel// I love a great plaid flannel button down. My favorite is the one from L.L.Bean that I have linked above, I find myself wearing it all the time and want one in every color.

8.Coats// So if you haven't notices the trend already, my two favorite coats are from J.Crew. I have the pea coat in navy, but now looking back I wish I had gotten a fun color like the coral one above. I also think every women needs a dress length winter coat, I love the detachable fur collar on the coat I choose above, because it can be casual but also dressed up.

9.Boots// Bean boots have quickly become winters signature footwear, but sadly most sizes are on back order. I honestly favor the hunter boots I think it is a more feminine look and they come in so many fun colors, I chose coral hunters to match the pea coat from J.Crew.

10.Starbucks// It just isn't winter without Starbucks white peppermint mochas, its just plain and simple.

No comments :

Post a Comment