Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Product Review and Style Guide Update

I have been majoring slacking with my product review and style guide pages and have done some much needed updating. I want to take right now to share with you what I have added and also if you didn't know those pages were there now you know. I will continue to add product reviews as I wear my products that I have already started a review on and also as I buy new items. If you have any questions about a product you would like me to review especially one you see me wear on my blog and want to know my opinion please feel free to ask. I also plan on adding style guides for every season and also if you want me to add style guides for occasion such as vacation or a formal must have's and so on please feel free to give me suggestions. Bellow is my fall style guide and my product review for a few coats I own and shoes, once again I plan on adding more reviews. Also my favorite fall/winter sweaters just might be making an appearance on the blog for Friday Fav's but you didn't hear it from me.
Fall Style Guide


Here is my list of essentials to survive fall:
Trench Coat: I own this one from J.Crew and love it, trenches are perfect for fall even on a non-rainy day because it is a medium weight coat and looks adorable with dresses.
Vest: I believe everyone should own at least one vest, solid or patterned what ever your style is. This navy one from J.Crew Factory is great because it would go with so many things.
Casual Jacket: It is great to have a casual neutral colors jacket in the fall you can grab on your way out the door just in case the temperature drops latter in the day. I like this navy Michael Kors one and the cur collar is removable. 
Warm Sweaters: Sweaters are the go to staple for fall, I love having a variety of sweaters but it is important to also have some classic ones like this one form J.Crew that will last you for many seasons.
Lipstick: New season new lip color. My favorite fall lip color is rebel from MAC I get complements all day when I wear it. 
Nails: I usually paint my own nails it is to costly for me to get them done constantly one of my favorite fall colors is wicked from Essie.
Scarf: With the cool weather coming in you always need a scarf on hand to bundle up with and I love this blanket scarf from Sole Society
Boots: I think we can all agree that one of our favorite things about fall is slipping on our ridding boots for the first time in months. I love these boots from Tory Burch sadly I don't own them because they don't fit my calfs so please buy them and I will live vicariously though you.
Bags: So I chose to show you this black Tory Burch double zip Robinson bag because I love the size of it and a black bag goes great with black boots. I also think a new season falls for a new clutch and I wanted to stick with my love of berry/wine colors for fall and chose this clutch from GiGi NewYork.
Dress: I wear dresses all the time they are one of my favorite things to wear they just make me feel so girly. For fall I chose this neutral tweed dress from J.Crew because it can be worn so many different ways with boots, heels, flats, add a blazer, so many options.
Pants: So I have chosen two pants that I think everyone should own for the fall a skinny jean that is perfect for boots I chose these Joe's Jeans which are supper comfortable. I also chose a pair of skinny cords from Nordstrom that I love they have a little stretch to them so they are so comfortable and come in a bunch of colors I chose a berry color to go with the clutch I chose.

Product Reviews
 
These are product that I am reviewing on my own time that I purchased myself, I have not been asked to do so by the company so my reviews are 100% honest please feel free to ask my anything that I did not cover in the reviews.

Tory Burch Caroline Flats
I own the 2013 black Caroline flat and wear them quite regularly. They are beyond comfortable I wear them for 8 hour shifts at work all the time.  They are very cute I get complements all the time and people ask me if I like them how comfortable they are ect. and I always say you have to go buy a pair. I have two negative comments but one actually turned into a positive. First and this is a small negative, make sure you wear little flat socks with them especially if you get the black ones because the leather dye can wear off on your feet. Second after only owning the shoes for a few months on one of the flats the sole was already separating from the flat I was devastated. I took them to the Tory Burch store and they were beyond helpful they took the shoes for me and got them re soled for free and had them shipped back to my house. The new soles are even nicer then the ones the shoes came with and are much more durable so in the end I am even happier with them. These shoes can be purchased here.

J.Crew Majesty Pea Coat 
I own the 2013 navy majesty pea coat, I wore it 20(ish) times last season and the coat has worn fairly well. The navy color stays looking clean which is nice because I don't have the time or money to have it at the cleaners every week. the coat is very warm and is a nice thick wool and is fully lined in a silky fabric. Esthetically the coat is perfect I get complements on it all the time. So far I only have two negative things the say about the coat. First the pockets are made out of the silky lining fabric and are not re-enforced so tear at the seems easily. The first one I tried on already had a hole in the pocket at the store, the one I purchased I wore once and got a hole in the pocket and I brought it into the store and they gave me a new one. So far I have not gotten a hole in the pocket but I have also been careful with how I treat the pockets. My second complaint is the buttons, they are beautiful yes, but interestingly enough the coat has a small back button (designed to be placed behind the front button to help hold in in place) but the buttons are not actually attached in any way and the back button therefore serves no purpose and the front buttons can fall off easily. I suggest as the buttons fall of to have them re sewn on correctly by actually attaching it to the back button. All in all I would recommend this coat to someone looking for a good quality warm pea coat, I like mine and would buy it again. The coat can be purchased here.

J.Crew Double Cloth Lady Day Coat
I got this coat in the antique linen(2014) for my 21st birthay and have not yet worn it since it is only the beginning of November. My only note so far is that it runs smaller then the pea coat so I would recommend sizing up if you want to wear it with large sweaters. Also the antique linen color has a hint of blush too it so if you are looking for a winter white coat this would not be for you. I will post a more detailed review as I use the coat. The coat can be purchased here.

J.Crew Collection Icon Trench Coat

I also received this coat as a 21st birthday present.  I plan on wearing it soon for a blog post and will tell you more what I think after some use. My notes are far is that the coat is very well made I love how it lays in the back the flap lays shut as where I tried on many trench coats that did not lay as nicely. The coat can be purchased here.

No comments :

Post a Comment