Thursday, March 5, 2015

Organizing your Planner

Staying organized and keeping up with your planner is important no matter what you do, student, blogger, or stay at home mom, these planners hold our lives. I am going to share a few of my planning tips along with some of my favorite planners. 

 

You want to choose a planning technique and stick with it, if don't stick to it, your planner will end up looking like a hot mess. I personally like color coding, I have many colored pens and write tests, quizzes, work, friend, and blogging related items in different colors.  I have washi tape, but do not use it much in my agenda, but I have seen many people successfully use it in their planner to help them get organized. 

Besides making it look pretty lol, I have two major planner tips. One, make sure you write in it, if you don't write it in your planner, how on earth do you expect to remember to do it? Second, look at it daily or even a few times a day depending on how detailed you get. I am totally guilty of writing down an assignment, leaving my planner in my bag all weekend and them bam, Monday rolls around, and that assignment that was due Sunday at midnight, so didn't get done. This might sound like supper simple advice, but that is really all it takes to keep up with your planner. 

When I talked to a few of my friends telling them about this post I was working on, they all said they were just like me. They know how to color code, highlight, and use their washi tape, to make the planners look like a work of art BUT... They always forget to go back and LOOK. Over my years of school I have noticed that almost every assignment or due date I missed, was not missed because I did not write it down, but because I never went back to look. So my planner advice is simple, look at your planner often :)

I have a Lilly Pulitzer planner and have used them for several years, bellow I am also linking some other planners that you might enjoy.


If you have any planner advice or tips please share them with me, or if you have a favorite planner brand I would love to hear.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment