Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mixing Colors & Patterns


We all know by now that I am certainly not one to shy away from bright color, or a fun pattern, and mixing the two (when done well) is perfect for spring. I tend to gravitate towards organic, and floral prints in the spring, since spring is all about everything coming back to life. Don't get me wrong I still love geometric prints, I just don't wear them quite as much in the spring. Now ideally when choosing a color to mix with your pattern, you would want to choose one of the colors in the pattern that you want to bring out or draw attention to. But sadly we don't live in a perfect world, and sometimes you can't find a "match" and that's okay, instead of settling for a almost match, find a color that complements your pattern. I have linked some of my favorite spring patterned items bellow for a little inspiration. Also check out my friend, and amazing blogger, Caitlin's post on her favorite colors for spring here.




No comments :

Post a Comment